Friday, May 18, 2007

SSDD













Big sigh. I don't want this blog to be a continual rant about parking. I went grocery shopping today. Took all these pictures as I was looking for a spot for my van. These are just the 3 instances where the median was blocked so my ramp can't come down. This doesn't even consider the cars that didn't have a disabled driver or passenger. I just don't understand why people can't get it. Any ideas? If you're interested in seeing more violations, some incredibly outrageous, like a big rubber chicken, check out http://www.caughtya.org/

2 comments:

John Royal said...

I'm not disabled. And I don't know what it's like to have to deal with the ramps and the wheelchairs, and all of that. But still, it pisses me off when I see people using these spots who don't need them, or who park in such a way that the disabled can't use the spots.

Daniel said...

I was trying to park when I was out shopping today and there were *two* handicap spots with the space with the slashed lines through the middle. As I was getting ready to pull in, someone parked *in between the two spots* so that neither handicap spot could be used. What a prick. I'm sure the person thought that they were legal since they weren't pulled into either handicap spot.